Episode 254: My horse is so heavy: skillset and mindset
September 27, 2023/
In this episode, I answer a listener question about a horse who has become heavy on the bit.
- The importance of identifying concerns as a crucial first step before implementing any training techniques.
- How to identify limiting beliefs or thoughts that could hold you back
- I offer a new belief…with a warning
- How to detect if you really believe the new belief and technique will work.
- The concept of a “teeter totter” in horse training, where horses naturally shift between states of lightness and heaviness, sensitivity and desensitization, and forward and less forward movement.
By addressing underlying beliefs, riders can learn more about themselves and be more effective training their horse.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST HERE:
WHY IS MY HORSE...?